As you can probably guess from the title, this follows on (belatedly) from my previous
One month from now we'll see the start of the biggest Dreamforce yet; given the size and quality if last year's event it's hard to think it can be beat, but I'm pretty sure we'll be in for some mind blowing surprises. If you've not signed up yet now really is the time to sort that out, and don't forget to use the promo code D13MVPREF for $100 off the cost of registration.
S. P. Keasey Trading Co. at Dreamforce
Kris and myself are participating in several sessions at Dreamforce this year and love to see you there; so here's the breakdown of what we're up to.
|Who?||Kris Moyse, Mani Farhang, Matt Lacey|
|What?||How to Create a Social Mobile App Using Heroku and Force.com|
|Where?||Moscone Center West, Mobile Theater|
|When?||Monday, November 18th: 4:45 PM - 5:15 PM|
|Why?||Not so long ago in my post "Increasing Your Worth In The Developer Economy" briefly talked about a mobile prototype I was working on and using it as an excuse to learn some new technologies along the way. In this session you can see what that was for, and why we made those choices, and see an example of a real world social application that's built on Heroku and integrates with Salesforce.|
|Who?||Kris Moyse, Matt Lacey|
|What?||Developing Public Websites with Force.com Sites|
|Where?||Moscone Center West, 2022|
|When?||Wednesday, November 20th: 5:15 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Why?||It's pretty handy having everything in one place, so why not run your website straight form Salesforce.com like we do? This session explains why we chose that route, the benefits it offers and highlights some of the various pages and classes you'll want to implement to realise the full potential of your website.|
|Who?||The legenadary Pat Patterson (@Metadaddy|
|What?||Pushing the Boundaries: The Best of Salesforce StackExchange|
|Where?||Moscone Center West - Community Theater|
|When?||Monday, November 18th: 05:30 pm - 06:00 pm|
|Why?||The Salesforce StackExchange site can be a bit confusing at first, and you may wonder why it's needed when we already have Answers and the Developer Boards. If you are wondering that, then this session is for you. Pat and I are aiming to explain why it exists, the culture of the StackExchange network and how to ask a great question.|
Developers! Do Not Miss These
I could go on all day about some of the amazing sessions on offer in the DevZone this year, but instead I'll just call out the two sessions that any self-respecting developer should be present at.
Wednesday, November 20th: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Moscone Center South, Gateway
- Adam Seligman nailed this last year and I can't wait to see what's in store for us this time around, if you go to no other session all week, make sure you get to this one. If you're not going to Dreamforce then don't miss the recording once it's available.
Thursday, November 21st: 1:30 PM - 2:15 PM
Moscone Center West, 2006 / 2008
- As the description says: "This Q&A panel will give you the opportunity to meet the core architects and development engineers who built the Force.com, Database.com, and Heroku platforms.", this will be a cracker. Not least because of the presence of Steven Tamm who is a veritable force of nature!
- 3 Reasons To Send Developers to Dreamforce Plus $100 Off!
- My Top 3 Dreamforce X Highlights
- Three Things I Took Away from Cloudforce Sydney